According to FastPic Systems, the Windows machine interface (WMI) for its FastPic5 inventory management and control software gives organizations a cost-effective solution for integrating automated storage and retrieval systems into current IT architecture. The company says that its FastPic5 further boasts:
- The capability to manage manual and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- High-level dot-com and dot-net technology interfaces for device communications and control, thus reducing internal programmer time and costs.
- Advanced cubing algorithms that allow users to maximize the use of both floor and storage space.
- Rapid and easy implementation of automated storage and retrieval systems into an existing IT architecture with limited programming resources.
- The ability to be configured to control single workstations and multiple work zones.
- Support from the Microsoft.Net technology platform, giving organizations the flexibility to keep applications current to quickly respond to business demands.
- Plug-and-play functionality.
- Full integration with existing software systems.