Siemens Industry Process Instrumentation & Analytics Business Unit (PIABU) has expanded its portfolio of pressure transmitters with the introduction of the SITRANS P500 product line. Combining a response time of 88 milliseconds and an accuracy of 0.03 percent, the transmitter quickly and precisely responds to process changes and additionally:
- Offers a turndown of 200:1, allowing it to work close-coupled, in rugged conditions with maximum process temperatures of 125 °C (257 °F).
- Features temperature compensation and a separate static pressure sensor that minimize temperature and pressure errors.
- Reduces the need to stock different transmitters, as the product features long-term stability of 0.05 percent over five years (0.08 percent over ten years).
- Measures 3.4 inches (w) by 7.4 inches (h) by 5.5 inches (d) — the transmitter is compact in design and low in weight (7.3 pounds).
- Is well-suited for high-demand applications of the chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas, and power industries.
- Includes the new Local User Interface (LUI), so users can configure the device quickly and simply at the transmitter.
- Offers user-friendly functions including local configuration utilizing the full-text-enabled and multilingual backlit display that features graphical representation of process variables using bar graphs, curves, and trend diagrams.
- Can also be operated and configured using standard HART tools with the help of a fast start wizard.