EMD Millipore’s Mobius® MIX 1000 and Powder Delivery System is made for mixing pharmaceutical ingredients and preparing solutions. According to the company, the 1,000-liter system:
- Extends the company’s line of Mobius® mixers that includes 100-, 200- and 500-liter sizes.
- Utilizes integrated, single-use powder delivery, mixing and filtration technology.
- Provides biopharmaceutical manufacturers with increased operational flexibility and decreases process and validation time and contamination risk.
- Features a butterfly valve for controlled addition of solutes to ensure optimal dissolution.
- Offers an asymmetric design that enhances powder delivery by minimizing clumping and blockage resulting in optimal powder flow, and consistent mixing.
- Features a unique washdown ‘spraybar’ in the powder delivery container, which ensures that residual powder is effectively removed.
- Includes a double jacket for the sides and the bottom for efficient heat exchange, thermowell for temperature measurement, and load cells for weight measurement.