Balluff now offers its radio frequency identification (RFID) handhelds with two software solutions that allow you to easily customize and display their RFID and bar code data the way you want to see it, without the need for programming. Moreover, the company says that its Template and BISPortal software allow you to not only access your RFID data anywhere using your mobile Balluff/PSION handheld, but also feature:
- Windows-based PC configuration software, which allows you to configure the data descriptions and data format displayed on the handheld with a simple template format developed on the PC and uploaded to the handheld.
- The flexibility to display data in different formats, including ASCII, binary, BCD, byte, integer, long integer, floating point and hexadecimal.
- Universal templates that can be used with both handhelds’ software solutions.
- The power to save and transfer data files using the handheld’s cradle USB connection, built-in Bluetooth radio or an optional WLAN card.
- Support for bar code reading, RFID tag data and database searching with the BISPortal software, in addition to support for reading both linear and 2D bar codes directly into the user-created handheld data screen, allowing you to easily mix RFID and bar code data without having to switch between multiple software on the handheld.
- The capability to easily search through large amounts of RFID tag data with a special query screen, or compare any data read from RFID tags or bar codes to a user-loaded database, then load from matching data into the open template data screen for a complete visual data record right there in your hand with BISPortal software.