WASHINGTON, DC (April 16, 2012) − The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA), in partnership with Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), will host the International Roof Coatings Conference on July 16-19, 2012 in Baltimore, Maryland at the InterContinental Harbor Court Hotel. This is the premiere roof surfaces and maintenance conference for those in the roof coating, building envelope, green building, cool roofing, research, or architectural communities.
The International Roof Coatings Conference will feature keynote speakers Marc LaFrance, Technology Development Manager at the U.S. Department of Energy, and Art Rosenfeld, Distinguished Scientist Emeritus at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Mr. LaFrance began his career with the Department of Energy in 1993 where he worked on the Codes and Standards program and the ENERGY STAR program. In his current position within DOE’s Office of Building Technology, he oversees the development of the next generation of technologies for use in low-energy buildings. Dr. Rosenfeld has received much recognition for his work over the years. He served as Sr. Advisor for Energy Efficiency in the U.S. Department of Energy during the Clinton Administration and subsequently served ten years as a Commissioner at the California Energy Commission. In 2006 he received the Enrico Fermi Award from President G.W. Bush and Secretary of Energy Steven Chu for his contributions to energy efficiency. He was elected to the U.S. National Academy of Engineering in 2010.
The impressive lineup of speakers from leading and influential organizations will include timely presentations on such diverse topics as:
- Accelerated Aging of Roofing Materials: How to Mimic the Changes in Solar Reflectance
- An Outcome-Based, Multivariate Approach to Roof Surface Thermal Contribution
- Analysis of TPO Roofing Membrane and Methods to Improve Adhesion of Waterborne Elastomeric Roof Coatings
- Coatings Forensics
- Cool Roofs Cause Condensation – Fact or Fiction
- Elastomeric Roof Coatings Performance, Durability and Life Cycle of Post Applied Coatings as Compared to Inline Coated Manufactured Membranes
- FEVE Fluoropolymer Resins for Long-Life Coatings on Roof Surfaces
- Reduction of Surface Reflectance through Controlled Particulate-Microbial Contamination
- Test Method Changes Impact on Roofing Reflectivity and Emissivity
- Water-based PVDF Coatings for Cool White Roof Applications
The conference will commence on the evening of Monday, July 16th with an opening reception. Presentations will take place throughout the day on Tuesday and on Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon will begin the RCMA summer meeting series, open to RCMA members and invited guests, which will continue through Thursday morning. Discounted “early bird” registration opens on Monday, April 16, 2012 and will run through May 16th. After May 16th, registration will be available at the regular rate until registration closes on July 9th. For more information on the International Roof Coatings Conference, including a complete schedule of events, registration, and hotel accommodations, please visit www.roofcoatings.org.
The Roof Coatings Manufacturers Association (RCMA) is the national trade association representing manufacturers of cold applied protective roof coatings and cements and suppliers of products, equipment, and/or services to and for the industry. RCMA is committed to continually improving performance and quality of roofing. For additional information, contact RCMA at (202) 591-2452 or visit the RCMA website at www.roofcoatings.org.