The drivers and technologies shaping today’s automated machinery are on display throughout PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015, owned and produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. And they are in the spotlight at The Center for Trends and Technology: Improving Production Through Innovation (CTT) (Booth C-4829), sponsored by Rockwell Automation and its PartnerNetwork™ Program.
CTT will feature contributions from five Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork members: Cisco Systems, Grantek Systems Integration, Interstates Controls, Microsoft and Stone Technologies. They’ll demonstrate and discuss the connected enterprise working environment, network connectivity, security, remote access, safety, serialization and line integration.
According to Mike Wagner, global OEM business lead, “Companies adopting a smart manufacturing approach are converging their information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) systems into a single unified network architecture known as The Connected Enterprise for greater connectivity and information sharing. But The Connected Enterprise is only as powerful as the technology on which it is built. As a result, companies need OEM partners capable of delivering smart machines that accelerate demand-driven manufacturing within The Connected Enterprise. To this end, CTT will present a rotation of eight sessions each day of the show:
- Achieve Operational Excellence by Combining Safety & Operational Projects (Monday, Sept. 28, 10–10:45 a.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10:45–11:30 a.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.)
- Drug Supply Chain Security Act Compliance - Serialization ePedigree & Potential Benefits to Manufacturers (Monday, Sept. 28, 10:45–11:30 a.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 12:45–1:30 p.m.)
- Ensuring Machinery Safety, Compliance & Productivity (Monday, Sept. 28, 9:15–10 a.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10–10:45 a.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 10:45–11:30 a.m.
- Improving Operational Productivity with a Modern Approach to Distributed Control (Monday, Sept. 28, 12:45–1:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 1:30–2:15 p.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2:15–3 p.m.)
- IoT and Plant Floor Virtualization Emerging Technologies Accelerating Lean Manufacturing (Monday, Sept. 28, 1:30–2:15 p.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2:15–3:00 p.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 3–3:45 p.m.)
- Line Optimization - Leveraging Data at all Levels of Your Organization for Continuous Improvement(Monday, Sept. 28, 2:15–3:00 p.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 3–3:45 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 30, 9:15–10 a.m.)
- Remote Asset Management in the Cloud (Monday, Sept. 28, 11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 12:45–1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 30, 1:30–2:15 p.m.)
- Securing the Connected Enterprise (Monday, Sept. 28, 3–3:45 p.m.; Tuesday, Sept. 29, 9:15–10 a.m.; Wednesday, Sept. 30, 10–10:45 a.m.)
PACK EXPO Las Vegas and its co-located partner, Pharma EXPO, open at the Las Vegas Convention Center Monday, Sept. 28. Show hours are from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. The event covers more than 800,000 net square feet of exhibit space, features over 2,000 exhibitors and will host 30,000 attendees. To learn more and to register, visit www.packexpolasvegas.com.