Volkswagen's electric microbus, the BUDD-e, is a nod to VW's past, as well as its future. According to VW:
- BUDD-e is the first VW based on the new Modular Electric Toolkit (MEB)
- It features 101 kWh battery that enables up to 373 miles of pure electric range
- New interfaces signal next-generation display and ergonomic concepts
- BUDD-e becomes integral part in the Internet of Things and links Smart Home and Smart Car technology
- Gesture control 2.0 enables intuitive operation of interior and exterior features
- Bold design captures brand’s heritage while providing a hint at future design direction
Maybe the coolest thing VW has said about its new BUDD-e microbus EV concept is this: "BUDD-e is a mobile interface which connects the vehicle with the world around it." Check out this video from Mashable on the BUDD-e's interior.