Coca-Cola has recently come under fire for an incident in China, where a large batch of Sprite was found to be contaminated with high levels of mercury. After consuming a can of the contaminated product, one man vomited up the small pieces of mercury, and others were hospitalized for poisoning.
While some accuse Coca-Cola of bad manufacturing practices, others claim the product was intentionally poisoned to affect Sprite’s reputation. Either way, sales will suffer, with an informal poll showing that 62 percent of Chinese consumers will think twice before buying Sprite again.
If you're having trouble watching this video, try downloading the latest version of Flash Player or contacting your IT department.
Have any comments or questions about our Thursday video editions of IMPO Insider? Or do you have a video you'd like to see featured in one of our deployments? Email me at [email protected].