(PR Newswire)— U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance recently released a short animated video, Farm On: Sustainable Food Production, and educational infographics highlighting sustainable farming and ranching practices.
“Sustainability is a vital part of our everyday lives as farmers and ranchers, and we know consumers care about the environment when it comes to how food is grown and raised,” said CEO Randy Krotz. “Since not every consumer has the opportunity to see farming first-hand, our goal is to bring the farm to them. We hope watching this video and sharing these infographics gives people a glimpse into the practices that farmers and ranchers created and adopted to grow safe, nutritional and sustainable food. Along with this approach, farmers and ranchers carry a deep-rooted pride in environmental stewardship, knowing how we farm today impacts generations to come.”
The video highlights the following:
- Technology: precision farming tools like GPS to help plant seeds and apply fertilizer in the right place and in just the right amount
- Advanced Seeds: the ability to grow more crops on less land and utilize the seeds strength to fight off certain pests
- Advanced Monitoring Tools: the ability to monitor animals to ensure health and safety
- Water Conservation: irrigation systems to ensure a precise amount of water application and usage
The series of infographics includes these and others:
- Consumer Perceptions around Sustainability and Farming: results revealing consumer perception around sustainability and how food is grown and raised
- Pillars of Sustainability: what farmers and ranchers are doing to improve the water, soil, air and habitat on and around their land and animals
- Sustainability: Defined: the definition of sustainability in terms of farming and ranching
- Technology, Sustainability and Continuous Improvement: information demonstrating how farmers and ranchers are using technology to do more with less
Both the video and infographics demonstrate the importance for others to also understand why and how farmers and ranchers focus on sustainability. Farmers and ranchers value sustainability and have the responsibility and goal to grow and raise food that is nutritional and safe.
In the newly released video and infographics, USFRA demonstrates the sustainable practices farmers and ranchers implement. The video, narrated by farmer Glenn Brunkow of Kansas, highlights farmers’ and ranchers’ goal to protect and maintain the water, soil and air while caring for their farm animals. The infographics visually demonstrate, in bite-size information, sustainable farming and ranching practices.