GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — Static electricity is suspected of sparking a massive explosion and fire at an oil and gas drilling site in northern Colorado that injured two workers.
The explosion Monday night north of Greeley shook houses and set a fire that could be seen for miles.
Firefighters were able to put out the blaze. Two workers suffered minor injuries.
The explosion happened as workers were pulling an oil and water mixture out of storage tanks to take to a separator.
Eaton Fire Capt. Michael Lenderink told The Tribune (http://tinyurl.com/nfdhcpj ) that firefighters believe static electricity might have arced and set off the vapors.
Liz Hergert says the explosion caused her whole house to shake.