The ISA 100.11a standard, according to Yokogawa, presents the following advantages for use in industrial automation: high reliability, suitability for a wide range of applications, improved flexibility, network expandability and high compatibility with existing wired systems. Yokogawa’s field wireless devices follow the ISA 100.11a standard and are also:
- Suitable for monitoring, diagnostics and control with bidirectional digital wireless networks.
- Securely encrypted to protect production, device diagnostic and parameter data transferred between control systems.
- Equipped to offer temperature, flow and differential pressure/pressure measurement in plant processes.
- Able to run on explosion-proof batteries that can easily be replaced in hazardous locations.
- Capable of connecting to field wireless devices with a host system — a number of field wireless network setting and management functions are available.
- Designed for the oil and gas, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, iron and steel, pulp and paper, power, non-metal/cement, food and beverage, water treatment and wastewater markets.