Kollmorgen introduces MOTIONEERING® Application Engine 6.2.0 motion system sizing and selection software. According to the company, this OEM design tool:
- Utilizes a mechanism project concept to collect and save load information for multiple axes, automatically calculate application results, and compare them against a robust database catalog of Kollmorgen products to quickly identify the optimized linear or rotary motion system solutions to meet specific machine-builder application requirements.
- Features a number of product updates to help simplify the task of specifying optimized motors and drive systems, including the company’s latest addition to the AKM™ servomotors family, the AKM8, and the new line-up of VLM servomotors.
- Includes a user-friendly Help file that explains program functions, definition of terms, and algorithms used to perform application results.
- Features versatile units-of-measure options for mechanism and motion profile data-entry, along with the ability to convert data into other available units, making this a convenient tool for international machine designs.
- Can sum the effects of multiple axes of motion to help rightly size the power supply and shunt regeneration in rotary applications.
- Features a PDF generator that creates a complete report of application results, system and product specifications, and system-performance and user-profile curves with application placement within the plot — ready for easy review and distribution — once application results are calculated and system selections are made.
- Is compatible with Microsoft® Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.0.