AirClean® Systems announces the addition of Bulk Handling Enclosures to their PowderSafe™ product line. Responding to the need for effective containment during bulk powder manipulation without the expense or space requirements of a traditional walk-in or free-standing enclosure, AirClean® Systems developed the PowderSafe™ Bulk Handling Enclosure. With a unique drum access port incorporated into the base of the enclosure, the drum can be raised and sealed to the access port, extending the enclosure’s containment area into the drum. When drum access is not required, the included access port cover can be used to seal the base, allowing for use as a standard balance enclosure. Designed to provide a turbulence-free airflow environment, PowderSafe™ Bulk Handling Enclosures move air in a horizontal pattern to maximize containment while minimizing sample loss and balance instability. Additional features include:
- Proprietary HEPASafe™ filter change-out technology that allows the operator to safely change both the pre-filter and primary HEPA filter.
- Standard on each bulk handling enclosure is the AirSafe™ Automatic Safety Controller.
- The face velocity on the PowderSafe™ Bulk Handling Enclosure, as preset by the operator, is constantly monitored and maintained by the Automatic Safety Controller.
- The condition of both HEPA filters is monitored with audible and visible alarms when filter change-out is necessary.
- A sturdy stand is provided, which provides a comfortable working height of 39”.
- They’re available in four, five and six-ft. widths with a nominal depth of 36”.
- Optional bonded carbon filtration for removal of fumes during bulk chemical handling and dispensing can be added.