Morgan Thermal Ceramics expands its Kao-Tuff® line of special duty abrasion-resistant refractory castable products, developed specifically for the chemical process (petrochemical) industry where harsh environments are encountered. According to the company, the new Kao-Tuff® 110FF and Kao-Tuff® FS grades offer:
- The refractory monolithics feature enhanced properties, enabling them to outperform conventional products in the marketplace.
- Through careful selection of raw materials and particle size grading, the range has been developed as a solution for insulating flue gas lines and risers or standpipes in petrochemical applications where there is a significant abrasion loss potential.
- Medium-weight, strong and erosion-resistant, the line of products has served the industry well for over 20 years in both castable and gunnable versions.
- The new Kao-Tuff® 110FF product is a free-flow version of the proven Kao-Tuff® 10C grade, and is ideal for areas where extra flow capability is required; it can also be easily pumped into place when that is the desired method of installation.
- In addition to its superior erosion-resistance and high strength, the Kao-Tuff® 110 range features an average material density which is 20 percent lower than standard abrasion-resistant material.
- Also available is Kao-Tuff® FS, a new high-strength abrasion-resistant fused silica monolithic with excellent thermal shock resistance.
- The line is installed by standard vibratory casting techniques and is ideal for seal tanks, riser lines and any other area requiring a combination of abrasion- and thermal-shock resistance.