Morgan Thermal Ceramics provides fired refractory shapes for use in the metals manufacturing market, including pressed crucibles, tundishes, launders and nozzles. According to the company:
- The technology ensures consistency among products and continuous product improvement.
- The company’s engineering experts provide design consultation, engineered drawings and address product performance questions.
- Among the products offered are Cerox® fired refractory shapes and MRI™ pressed pre-fired refractory shapes, available in a range of compositions.
- Cerox fired refractory shapes are dense, hard, and chemically stable, offering resistance to acids, slags, and gases.
- The Sillimanite Cerox 200 (74 percent alumina, fired mullite composition), Cerox 700 (high alumina, versatile shape capability) and Cerox 720 (high alumina, high strength, fine grain for thin wall shapes), are ideal for the metal producers industry.
- MRI™ pressed pre-fired refractory shapes, used in a variety of alloy melt-pour systems, meet tight tolerance specifications required by end users.
- A variety of compositions are available, including MRI 90V, a versatile 90 percent alumina mix commonly used for crucibles and furnace spouts in the metal producers industry, and the MRI 95C, a 95 percent alumina, cement-bonded composition that offers a thermal shock resistant mix for tundishes, providing a superior surface finish and low silica content.