HERSHEY, Pa. (PRNewswire) — With Halloween looming on the horizon, consumers are picking out their costumes, hanging fake spider webs, carving pumpkins and likely stocking up on their favorite treats from The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY). In 2013, more people handed out candy to trick-or-treaters than in years past, with the most popular Hershey candies purchased being Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (47 percent), Kit Kat® Bars (47 percent) and Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (24 percent). Based on a recent survey, the frighteningly good Reese's Peanut Butter Cups ranked as the overall favorite Halloween candy among U.S. consumers.
This season the neighborhood ghouls and goblins will be treated to an even wider array of new candies to accompany their favorites. Hershey is adding to trick-or-treating fun by introducing new treats that are sure to cast a sweet spell, including new twists on fall favorites. Be sure to grab these trick-or-treating and candy dish goodies:
New Halloween Treats
- Twizzlers Caramel Apple Filled Twists: These new green apple twists filled with caramel bring two favorite flavors of fall into the Twizzlers Twists you love.
- Hershey's Candy Corn Snack Size Bars: This delicious candy corn flavored bar with candy bits delivers the colors and sweet taste of the season into a snack size bar.
Classic Halloween Candies
- Hershey's Kisses Pumpkin Spice Flavored Candies: These much-loved pumpkin flavored treats are back! Perfect for a candy dish, serve Hershey's Kisses Pumpkin Spice Flavored Candies for a decorative display at a fall party.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins: They say Reese's created a monster with the perfect combination of milk chocolate and peanut butter in these pumpkin shaped treats.
- Kit Kat® Halloween Bars: Make trick-or-treating fun with the delicious pairing of smooth milk chocolate and light, crispy wafers – in one of four spooky bar designs!
- Cadbury Screme Eggs Candies: These eerie eggs have the same milk chocolate shell you love with a ghoulish white and green center.
The fun doesn't stop with tasty treats and trick-or-treating! According to the survey results, consumers are also planning to celebrate the Halloween season with other spooky experiences, such as attending Halloween parties (48 percent), watching scary movies (46 percent) and visiting a haunted house (36 percent).
If you're planning on turning your home into a haunted abode by throwing a Halloween bash, visit CelebratewithHersheys.com for great party-planning ideas including seasonal recipes, creative costumes, pumpkin stencils and exciting craft tips. The complete 2014 collection of Halloween treats from Hershey can now be found at retailers nationwide.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY), headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey has approximately 13,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company, which has more than 80 brands worldwide that drive over $7.1 billion in annual revenues, includes such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers. Hershey is focused on growing its presence in key international markets while continuing to build its competitive advantage in North America. Additionally, Hershey is poised to expand its portfolio into categories beyond confectionery, finding new ways to bring goodness to people everywhere.
At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. For 120 years, Hershey has been committed to good business by operating fairly, ethically and sustainably to make a positive impact on society. This means contributing to a better life for its employees, consumers, communities, and, ultimately, creating a bright future for children in need. This commitment is exemplified by Milton Hershey School, established in 1909 by the company's founder and administered by Hershey Trust Company. The children who attend the school receive education, housing, and medical care — thriving as direct beneficiaries of The Hershey Company's success.
 Data compiled from an online survey of 1,000 adults between the ages of 18 and 64 conducted in 2013 by The Hershey Company.
 Data compiled from a phone survey of 1,014 adults 18 and older living in the continental United States conducted from August 21-24, 2014 by ORC International for The Hershey Company.