EVA foam and materials are in high demand in the market today because of their exceptional qualities and uses. EVA foam is produced by a copolymerization reaction between vinyl acetate and ethylene. The EVA foam is highly versatile and is used as an alternative or replacement for materials such as PVC foam, fiberglass, wood composites and a number of other materials and substances.
The Benefits of EVA Foams
Molded EVA foams are capable of standing in for a number of materials that are well used today. This is as a result of their remarkable benefits, some of which are;
- High durability and sturdiness even at extremely low temperatures
- Ability to withstand stress without obtaining cracks or breaking
- UV-resistant properties
- Water-resistant attributes
- Resilience even after long term use
- Ability to withstand compression and recuperate
- Color subsuming properties.
Popular Uses of EVA Foam Molding Across Industries
Since EVA foam is highly durable and sturdy, it is able to withstand strong forces. It is also weather-resistant and is able to withstand some other harmful agents such as fuel oils and chemicals. Due to its molecular makeup, its production is made easy and similar to that of thermoplastics. As a result of its versatility, the EVA foam is used extensively in a wide range of industries, including the marine, healthcare, recreation, footwear, electronic and automotive industries.
- With its resistance to chemicals and its biocompatibility as well as the fact that it is latex free, EVA foam is suitable for use in the medical industry.
- Because it’s soft, comfortable and lightweight, it is ideal for manufacturing ergonomic and durable seats. Thanks to these properties, this foam is also used extensively for manufacturing shoes, soles and sandals for the world's leading shoewear brands.
- EVA foam is used to make flutter boards, flotation belts and water toys that feature exceptional flotation properties and UV resistance.
- The potential uses for this foam are many. While its use is already well established in many industries (toys, carpets, sports equipment, etc.), a myriad of other applications remain to be explored and developed in the coming years.
EVA foams has no doubt established itself as a very versatile option in terms of flexible packaging. EVA foam can also be cut from various sheets and designed into shapes that can be used in producing several other items.
Michael Vaillancourt is a marketing agent for Foam Creations.