Charles Ross & Son recently designed a new variation of its double planetary mixer and follower plate discharge system. The double planetary typically mixes and disperses viscous materials, whereas the follower plate discharge system presses viscous non-flowing materials from the planetary mixing vessel after the mixing cycle is completed. The new design combines:
- A common base for both the double planetary with the follower plate discharge system.
- Elevation of the common base to allow for discharge to subsequent processing equipment or directly to packaging containers.
- Easy movement of the mix can to the discharge platen, after completion of the mixing cycle.
- Availability in a range of sizes — from 1 pint to 750 gallons.
- The flexibility to be customized to meet a variety of process requirements, including vacuum operation, jacketing of the mix can and discharge platen, metering systems and more.