The EXAIR (Cincinnati, OH) family of engineered Air Knives (Super Air Knife, Standard Air Knife and Full-Flow Air Knife) dramatically reduce compressed air usage and noise when compared to other blowoffs. According to EXAIR, the Super Air Knife is the most efficient way to clean, dry or cool parts, webs or conveyors. It delivers a uniform sheet of laminar airflow across the entire length with hard-hitting force. Specifically:
- Noisy blowoffs become a whisper when replaced with the compact Super Air Knife. Even at high pressures of 80 PSIG (5.5 BAR), the sound level is surprisingly quiet at 69 dBA for most applications.
- Air amplification ratios (entrained air to compressed air) of 40:1 are produced and they meet OSHA maximum dead-end pressure and noise requirements.
- By entraining high volumes of room air, EXAIR’s Air Knife Systems use less compressed air and less energy than other blowoff products.
- With their small profiles they can be mounted to accommodate many industrial applications involving conveyors and webs, even in tight spaces.
- EXAIR manufactures Air Knife Systems in aluminum, stainless steel and PVDF for corrosive environments. Stock sizes range from 3 inches (76mm) to 108 inches (2743mm) and special order lengths are available.