AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Auto parts manufacturer BorgWarner Inc. said Monday it expects net new powertrain business to reach $1.8 billion for 2010 through 2012.
Increasing demand for the company's gasoline and diesel turbochargers and dual-clutch transmissions will contribute to the growth.
The company said the increased demand for those products validates its strategic focus on advanced technologies that reduce emissions, increase fuel economy and improve performance.
Over the three-year period, BorgWarner expects to launch 80 percent of its new programs in Asia and Europe.
Shares rose $1.14, or 3.6 percent, to $32.98.
BorgWarner's engine and drivetrain technologies are designed for a variety of powertrains, from gasoline and clean diesel engines to hybrid- and all-electric-powered vehicles.
Of BorgWarner's total new business, 80 percent is anticipated from engine-related products such as turbochargers, ignition systems, emissions products, engine timing systems, variable cam timing modules and thermal systems. The other 20 percent is expected in drivetrain-related products including the company's fuel-efficient DualTronic transmission technology and its traditional automatic transmission and all-wheel-drive technologies, the company said in a statement.