NEW YORK – Knovel has unveiled a fully redesigned platform offering more precise search results, a simplified user interface, enhanced navigation capabilities and more – all in an effort to help engineers do their jobs more efficiently and effectively. Knovel offers a cloud-based application that integrates technical information from more than 100 engineering publishers and societies with analytical and search tools used by engineers worldwide.
The new Knovel platform delivers engineers trusted answers faster, facilitates collaboration among disparate teams and allows for seamless integration with third-party engineering tools, enterprise applications and customer knowledge bases. Knovel’s evolution is the result of in-depth research and analysis on how engineers search for and integrate technical information into their workflow.
“Knovel aims to help engineers solve problems faster and more precisely than ever before,” said Ella Balagula, Senior Vice President, Engineering and Technology Markets, Elsevier. “The Knovel platform was completely rebuilt from the ground up to ensure that the trusted content that we bring together is discoverable, answers are actionable and the overall experience is seamless – easily integrating into the engineer’s workflow.”
The new platform elevates the user experience to a new level, bringing exceptional value to Knovel’s customers and partners alike. “Knovel has been an excellent publishing partner for ASM International, and having ASM content assets, including the ASM Handbook series, available via Knovel enables us to reach a broader worldwide audience of engineers and technical people,” said Scott D. Henry, Senior Manager, Content Development for ASM International. “Knovel’s innovative platform includes interactive tools which add unique functionality and value to our materials engineering content and data. Knovel has consistently grown the customer base for ASM content. With Knovel’s new platform, search is further simplified for users and that improves discoverability of content.”
Knovel’s new platform is now available, and existing Knovel customers will be automatically upgraded in the coming months. With Knovel’s new platform:
1) Content is discoverable
- Improved search includes an intelligent, answer-centric algorithm, combining textual and data searches; the ability to “search within” results and filter results by content types including interactive tables, materials data sheets, conference proceedings and more
- New Data Search wizard offers simplified drag & drop features to more precisely search and discover data content
2) Answers are actionable
- New User Interface (UI) improves navigation, increases the visibility of interactive tools and clearly displays subscription availability
- Support for shared folders in My Knovel facilitates collaboration by allowing users to tag members of their work group or student team and share folders with links to saved titles, content and search queries
3) Experience is seamless
- Cloud-based architecture allows for better flexibility, scalability, performance and reach
- APIs allow for integration into other engineering applications, customer knowledge bases and enterprise software tools
- Self-service administrative functionalities allow customers to manage their services and subscriptions, and access reports
Part of the Elsevier product portfolio, Knovel is a cloud-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools to drive innovation and deliver answers engineers can trust. Knovel users include thousands of engineers and applied scientists worldwide. Knovel has more than 700 customers worldwide including 74 of the Fortune 500 companies, five of the Top 10 Constituents on the FTSE 100 Index and more than 450 leading universities. For more information, visit www.knovel.com.