NewAge Industries has developed Silcon® Med-X silicone tubing that’s platinum cured for a high degree of purity, which is important because using purer tubing in processing and transfer applications means the end product is purer as well. According to the company, other features include:
- Peroxide- or platinum-cured tubing, keeping in mind that platinum curing offers the fewest number of extractables (which are compounds that can be drawn out of tubing and adversely affect the fluid flowing within) and no plasticizers, which can leach out and cause flow contamination or tube hardening.
- A design that not only does not support bacteria growth, but is also nonreactive to body tissues and fluids.
- Soft, pliable elastomer construction that meets United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) Class VI requirements.
- The power to be reused after sterilization by either an autoclave or gamma radiation.
- 17 sizes, ranging from 0.030 through 0.625 inches.
- Suitability for applications in the pharmaceutical, laboratory, food, beverage, and health and beauty industries.