LAS VEGAS, KronosWorks — By introducing concepts of game design and game thinking into the world of workforce management, Kronos Incorporated has announced an innovative new leaderboard feature within its Workforce Central suite designed to reward and recognize employees, managers, and teams for positive job performance and adhering to an organization’s time and attendance policies and procedures.
Kronos leaderboards can be enabled in the Workforce Central suite so organizations can reward employees, managers, and teams for following proper time and attendance policies and procedures with features including:
- Recommended time and attendance challenges that award points for a perfect time card, approval of time cards, perfect attendance, no missed punches, overtime-related bonuses, and pre-defined exceptions – such as punching in on time. Different point values and multipliers can be assigned for each action;
- Capability to build additional challenges based on specified workforce management attributes, workflow notifications, and exceptions created by the organization, as well as the ability to alter the text and change the name of the leaderboards and challenges;
- Automatic near-time leaderboard updates tied to specific employees and/or teams based on time and attendance gamification rules, game time frame (e.g. pay period), and employee eligibility as determined by the organization; and
- Simple toggle function between peer-to-peer and team-to-team leaderboards and challenges based on organizational charts and reporting structure.
Configuring specific workflow notifications in Kronos leaderboards allow organizations to build unique challenges that award points to employees when a manager inserts comments about exceptional performance. This feature can be useful across various industry segments, such as:
- Healthcare – care providers who are recognized by patients for delivering exceptional care;
- Manufacturing – employees may be awarded for having zero accidents in a pay period; and
- Retail – employees and managers may score points for shifts that meet or exceed sales expectations, conversion rates, and having a properly balanced register at the end of a shift.
Recent Gallup research indicates that 63 percent of full-time global workers are not engaged at their jobs, and nearly a quarter are actively disengaged. By enabling the leaderboards feature in Workforce Central, organizations may customize games and reward programs to:
- Engage and motivate employees and teams through positive reinforcement of policies and procedures to foster a sense of structure, success, and accomplishment;
- Replicate best practices through positive reinforcement that improve time and attendance functionalities and help minimize compliance risk;
- Achieve better attendance and on-time performance that, in turn, allows organizations to better control coverage issues, labor budget costs, and drive more efficient closing of pay period cycles for improved business results; and
- Empower employeesto participate in company-wide competitions and provide organizational feedback to create more productive and effective workforce management practices;
- Build a culture of collaborationthrough team competition that involves employees on an individual level and provokes a feeling of being socially valued by colleagues, their team, and the organization, especially if they are also using the social collaboration product in Workforce Central.
Kronos leaderboards will be available in December as a complimentary feature that can be activated in the Workforce Central 7 platform with no additional licensing fee.