WASHINGTON, D.C. –Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, announced the release of StruxureWare™ for Water, a unique suite of applications that gives full visibility into energy, operation and process control across the entire water cycle. StruxureWare for Water is part of Schneider Electric’s innovative StruxureWare software, the company’s platform of integrated software applications that will help its customers maximize business performance and be more efficient and sustainable.
Open, scalable, and easy to incorporate into third-party and legacy systems, StruxureWare for Water transforms - in real-time and from shop floor to top floor - the massive amount of data into meaningful information to all stakeholders enabling the utility to make informed decision and take decisive action.
“The software suite is a major advancement in how water is managed across wide geographic areas,” said Jokin Larrauri, Vice President, Water Solutions, Schneider Electric. “StruxureWare for Water allows water managers to gather various data points about how they're using energy to move water, and how they can use that energy more effectively. Schneider Electric is passionate about helping water managers optimize water pressure and flow using real time, automated data to help conserve two valuable and finite resources - energy and water."
Increases operational efficiency by up to 25%
StruxureWare for Water seamlessly integrates all process control in the water or wastewater infrastructure - from electrical distribution and motor and pump control, to chemical and biological treatment, safety, and energy monitoring. By combining real-time water network data, historical analyses and hydraulic modeling, StruxureWare for Water helps reduce operation costs and service interruptions while maintaining consistent water pressure and improving water quality.
Reduces energy consumption by up to 30%
StruxureWare for Water optimizes energy efficiency up to 30 percent by combining energy and process control data which allows operations and energy managers to work together to optimize process demands and energy consumption. In addition, it provides visibility into enterprise and network performance, displays all measurement data and KPIs in real time, analyzes results over time, and identifies areas for improvement.
The StruxureWare for Water suite consists of the following software applications:
- Resource Advisor: tracks and manages the enterprise’s energy and carbon costs
- Network Operation: improves water management and decision making by combining realtime water network data, historical condition analysis, and hydraulic modeling
- Energy Operation: transforms data into essential energy information and reduces operating cost
- Plant Operation: combines energy and process data to get visibility into plant asset performance to identify areas for improvement
- Asset Operation/GIS: manages and maps all network assets in powerful geographic information systems (GIS)
- Power Monitoring Expert: collects and organizes data from the enterprise’s electrical network
- SCADA Expert: manages the water network based on telemetry systems that transform data into useful information
- Process Expert: integrates application control and supervision into a single environment
- Security Expert: protects people, facilities, and assets
Schneider Electric currently offers StruxureWare for Data Centers and plans to introduce other suite offerings for segments such as Healthcare, Food & Beverage, and Mining over the coming months. Each of these suites contains specific applications to help companies manage and monitor their sustainability initiatives, optimize their current operations and better manage their sites and processes. For more information on Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare software applications and suites, please visit: www.schneider-electric.com/StruxureWare.