Chemineer has unveiled its Kenics® KMX-V static mixer for applications involving fluids with extreme viscosity or volume ratios as it optimizes mixing per unit length for laminar flow and high/low viscosity ratio applications. The company says that its KMX-V further provides:
- Cross-stream mixing and flow splitting to achieve very rapid blending.
- Each element, which is approximately one pipe diameter in length and consists of multiple intersecting blades, to generate fluid layers as the mixture flows downstream.
- High volumetric flow ratios between the main stream and additive stream.
- Liquid dispersion/gas-liquid contacting.
- Injectors designed to optimize processes.
- Proprietary V-shaped blades.
- Standard diameters up to 24 inches.