Miniature, Stepper driven Valveless OEM pumps from Fluid Metering, Inc. (FMI) are ideal for low and micro-volume fluid control in medical diagnostic and clinical chemistry instrumentation. The OEM pumps integrate CeramPump® valveless pumping principle with precision stepper control.
- CeramPump® utilizes one moving part, a sapphire-hard ceramic piston, to perform all fluid control functions, eliminating valves typically present in low volume metering technologies
- Valveless function is accomplished by the synchronous rotation and reciprocation of the ceramic piston within a precisely mated ceramic liner
- Reciprocation action of the piston accomplishes the pumping function
- Piston also rotates, alternately aligning a flat at the end with the inlet and outlet ports of the pump
- When the flat is aligned with the inlet port, fluid can be drawn into the pump
- When the flat is aligned with the outlet port, fluid can exit the pump