WeighPack Systems Inc. offers its new XPdius® i-130 vertical form and seal machine with many tool-less features that save time when loading film, replacing pull belts and doing bag width changeovers. The company says that the machine is also characterized by:
- The design allows for complete accessibility to the mechanics of the machine.
- It is capable of handling a bag width as little as 2.5 to 13 inches wide; bag length can vary from 2 to 18 inches.
- Two Panasonic servo motors and drives are used on the pull belt assembly and horizontal seal jaws.
- The horizontal seal jaw speed is optimized as it is fully adjustable to travel in and out from as little as 1 to 6.5 inches.
- Standard features include a cantilevered air film shaft that eliminates side chucks to hold film in place.
- It comes with vacuum pull belts to reduce film slippage on the forming tube.
- Available with automated film tracking, it is able to maintain a lateral position of improperly wound film.
- The HMI color touchscreen is programmed to operate every possible function and feature.
- It uses very little compressed air.