Conval’s custom-designed, low-cost Whisperjets® for gas or liquid pressure reduction are suitable for new or retrofit installations. According to the company:
- These simple, practical, long-lasting devices reduce gas or liquid pressure through a series of multi-stage pressure reductions.
- There is virtually no part erosion.
- With gas applications, noise is significantly reduced because orifices on each stage are sized to keep the flow of the gas below critical velocity.
- Whisperjets are available in ASME pressure classes through 4500#, in sizes from ½-inch up, with socket weld or butt-weld end connections.
- Depending on the application, standard materials are carbon steel A105, Chromalloy SA 182-F22, F91.
- 316 and 347 stainless steel and other alloys are available upon request.