Charles Ross & Son has expanded its line of PDDM planetary dual dispersers to offer more sizes of this mixing system, which has been designed for high-viscosity and high-solids applications. According to the company, these hybrid planetary mixers also provide:
- 4 agitators — 2 planetary stirrers and 2 high-speed dispersers — rotating on their own axes, while orbiting the mix vessel on a common axis.
- Planetary stirrers that continually turn over batch material, feed fresh product to the high-speed blades and promote heat transfer throughout the different areas of the mixing zone.
- Saw-tooth blades on each high-speed shaft to intensify shearing action, which is ideal for rapid dispersion and particle size reduction.
- Quick and even incorporation of solids into an already thick starting liquid, while stubborn agglomerates are broken down effectively, regardless of the product’s flow characteristics.
- Operation over a wider viscosity range — up to several million centipoise — when compared to single-shaft dispersers and multi-shaft mixers consisting of agitators with a fixed axis of rotation.
- Precise control over shear levels and flow patterns because the agitators are independently driven and controlled.
- Sidewall and bottom scrapers to optimize uniformity of temperature and composition.