Shell Lubricants’ new Shell Tellus S3 M hydraulic fluid uses a zinc-free anti-wear technology to deliver up to twice the life of Shell’s previous zinc-free product, improved pump protection and system efficiency. The company says that this hydraulic fluid is:
- Engineered to work under demanding temperature and operating conditions.
- Ideal for most manufacturing applications including plastic injection molding and mobile equipment operations.
- Able to help prolong machine life and reduce unplanned shutdowns; help reduce maintenance cost and increase machine availability and system efficiency; and offer enhanced efficiency through responsiveness and precision of movement from startup to peak operating temperature.
- Characterized by low aquatic toxicity, which reduces its environmental impact ion the event of a spill, and assists operators to better manage the environmental impact of their processes.
- Available in ISO viscosity grades 22, 32, 46, 68 and 100, meets the requirements of a wide range of industry standards and is approved by many equipment manufacturers.
- Appropriate for use in factory-based industrial hydraulic applications, severe-duty, extended-operation applications, as well as mobile and outdoor applications in climates with limited variation in temperature.