NK Technologies' re-designed ASM Series Smart-Switch is a self-calibrating switch that uses the actual load current to set the trip point and provides the simplest way to ensure that a motor is working properly. According to the company, these current-sensing Smart-Switches are:
- Self-powered and self-calibrating to speed start-up and minimize installation costs.
- Available in three models to provide status monitoring, overload or underload, or operating window (overload and underload) functionality to suit particular
- pump, fan, heating element, conveyor or multi-load safety-interlocked application needs.
- The output contact is AC and DC compatible for use with any automation system.
- Characterized by an ASM sensor that slides or snaps over one conductor feeding the load.
- Available as test and evaluation units for OEMs, at no cost.