Process Seals recently expanded its portfolio of ethylene propylene diene Monomer (EPDM) materials with a new white material specifically developed to meet the requirements of hygienic design applications for the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and biotech industries. According to the company, the white 70 EPDM 253815 material:
- Was developed for use in O-rings, molded parts and butterfly valve seals in hygienic applications where cleanliness is crucial.
- Features special mineral fillers, instead of the carbon black particles that are traditionally considered indispensable, therefore offering a cleaner appearance.
- Demonstrated outstanding mechanical and chemical durability during testing, especially in clean-in-place/sterilization-in-place processes.
- Was tested in cleaners, steam and disinfectants, and, after more than 168 hours in the media, the volume change remained below five percent.
- Is certified and approved in accordance with United States Pharmacopeia Class VI, Food and Drug Administration and EC 1935/2004 regulations, and is guaranteed to be free of animal-derived ingredients.