Hammond Mfg. has extended its popular 1590 family with the introduction of the 1590TRP and STP models. According to the company:
- The first applications for the new shapes have been for audio equipment, guitar stomp boxes, industrial remote controllers, desktop switch arrays, and hand-held test equipment controllers.
- The octagonal 1590TRP is 5.23 inches (133mm) across the flats and 1.54 inches (39mm) high; it will house a circular PCB up to 5.0 inches (126mm) in diameter.
- The two 1590STP trapezoidal units are also 1.54 inches (39mm) high; the smaller portrait format unit is 4.41 inches (112mm) long, narrowing from 3.11 inches (79mm) to 2.42 inches (62mm); the larger landscape format is 3.74 inches (95mm) deep and narrows from 5.95 inches (151mm) to 4.79 inches, (122mm).
- All three types are available in natural finish and in a smooth gloss polyester powder paint, which does not chip after machining and provides a good surface for labels and silk screening.
- The strong and vibrant painted colors include: Black; Cobalt Blue, RAL 5013; Green, RAL 6024; Light Gray, RAL 7035; Orange, RAL 2009 and Red, RAL 3011.
- A lap joint seals the units to IP54, protecting against the ingress of dust and water, and the painted finish is only applied to the external surfaces, maintaining RFI integrity.