Blackmer®'s ML Series sliding vane pumps have been designed to handle highly viscous fluids such as oil, waste oil, abrasive slurries, asphalts, molasses and adhesives. The pumps are:
- Ideal for liquid-terminal operations that require high-capacity product transfer, top or bottom loading and unloading and blending at the rack.
- Well-suited for barges, ships, underground and aboveground storage tanks and terminal transfer, thanks to their self-priming and high-suction capabilities that enable them to clear tanks of product effectively and efficiently.
- Able to handle fluid viscosities from 30 to 500,000 ssu (1.0 to 108,000 cS) with flow rates up to 600 gpm (136 m3/h) and at operating temperatures as high as 400º F (206º C), thanks to a jacketed pump-head option.
- Available with your choice of an internal sleeve with external stuffing box or internal mechanical seals with external ball bearings, while modular bearing hubs allow the pumps to be easily reconfigured in the field.
- Characterized by ductile-iron construction with a bolt-on internal relief valve that protects against excessive operating pressures, and a symmetrical bearing support that assures even loading and wear while providing maximum seal reliability.