Radio Frequency Co. can custom-engineer post-baking dryers to increase oven band speed by eliminating the final drying requirement from the last third of an oven line for cookie, cracker and snack food production operations. The company says that these dryers are also characterized by:
- Radio frequency energy that preferentially heats and dries the moist areas of cookies, crackers and snack foods to eliminate surface checking, while controlling moisture and color.
- The quick and efficient removal of residual moisture trapped within the center of the product, permitting conventional ovens to run at the maximum speed that a product can be produced with the correct loft, crumb structure and color.
- A highly efficient, direct form of heating such that no energy is wasted heating large volumes of air or preheating the system itself.
- The capability to increase productivity by 30 percent or more.
- The ability to remove drying requirement from ovens to let bakers maintain their oven settings to achieve product color goals.
- Iinstant-on/off functionality, using energy only during the treatment process.
- Band widths up to 64 inches.