KNF diaphragm process pumps can easily be customized for application-specific duty in industries ranging from nuclear to petrochemical. Various materials, motor types, components, configurations and options can be specified and integrated into the final pump design to deliver optimized and continuous operation in the most critical environments, although all KNF process pumps are ideal for sampling, transferring, evacuating or compressing gases. Each KNF pump is electrically operated and oil-free to deliver reliable performance and uncontaminated media. Depending on the type, these process pumps can also achieve flow rates up to 300 L/minute (10 SCFM), maximum vacuums up to 29.8 inches Hg and maximum pressures up to 176 PSIG. However, customized options consist of:
- ATEX or NEC (Class I, Div. 1, Groups C and D) explosion-proof motors for applications in which pumps perform in hazardous locations.
- Special elastomers that can withstand potential low-level radiation in nuclear facilities.
- Insulated, heated-head versions to promote effective exhaust emission and stack-gas sampling.
- Corrosion-resistant materials for sampling applications in the chemical industry in which harsh conditions or moisture may persist.
- Double-diaphragm models as an effective safeguard to contain gases and prevent contamination.