Launched in an effort to enhance aeration in pneumatic conveying applications, yet simultaneously prevent bridging, rat-holing and compacting, Solimar Pneumatics
has incorporated a new radial-ridge design into the mini disk of its latest silo fluidizer. The company says that the product further furnishes the following benefits:
- The manipulation of directional air flow along chamber walls to loosen and guide product to discharge points, therefore improving flow control.
- Gentle vibration at the disk's outer edges in order to maintain powder and bulk-solid flow.
- A 2-in (dia.) disk profile that permits conformity into tight spaces, such as in pipes, chutes or small hoppers, as well as curvature chambers as small as 4 in. (dia.), thereby expanding material-handling configuration options.
- The prevention of airline plugging.
- The flexibility to accommodate either high-pressure/low-volume or low-pressure/high-volume compressed air.
- A silicone material composition that eliminates tearing and moisture absorption.
- The power to withstand temperatures up to 350°F (170°C).
- Minimal back pressure as a result of close-fitting seals.
- Suitability for silos, bins and hoppers.
- Compatibility with food-grade materials, plus an FDA approval.
- Availability of engineering assistance, plus 24-hr. turnaround.