Baldor Electric Company recently expanded their RPM AC permanent magnet (PM) product offering up to 1,200 HP. The RPM AC motor product line performs like a high horsepower servo motor with low rotor inertia and high power density, and is now available in the NEMA frame sizes 180, 210, 250, 280 and 440 with permanent magnet rotor construction. The addition of the 400 frame size to the RPM AC PM product family increases the product horsepower range with synchronous speed performance. Additional features include:
- RPM AC PM motors are currently stocked as totally enclosed blower-cooled TEBC ratings up to 150 HP with resolve feedback.
- The latest addition of the finned laminated 400 frame (FL400) extends the line’s horsepower range to 800 HP enclosed blower cooled and 1,200 HP using open force ventilated construction.
- PM rotor technology offers improved efficiency that can translate into increased power density and synchronous (non-slip) speed performance.
- The RPM AC PM product line is currently
available in both NEMA and IEC (112, 132, 160, 180 and 280) frame sizes.
- These motors are all designed to provide continuous constant torque performance from zero speed up to base speed for use with closed loop PM AC drives.