According to the Beverage Industry Report (Sept. 2014) from PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, beverage companies want innovations that will lead to more energy-efficient equipment; more flexible, forgiving and faster equipment; new packaging materials; and much faster speed to market with packaging designs.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015 (Las Vegas Convention Center, Sept. 28-30), owned and produced by PMMI, will open up a wealth of opportunities for beverage brand owners to meet these needs. The show, the largest and most comprehensive of its kind this year, will host 30,000 attendees and over 2,000 exhibitors in more than 800,000 net square feet of exhibit space.
“In addition to focusing on consumer trends, beverage professionals need to be up to speed on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). PACK EXPO Las Vegas will provide access to suppliers and education that will make compliance easier,” says Jim Pittas, senior vice president, PMMI.
Start at the Beginning
Beverage manufacturers can start their trip around the show floor in areas like the Processing Zone (Upper South Hall), a hub for processing equipment suppliers, where they can also visit the Food Safety Summit Resource Center (Booth S-7632). Organized and brought to PACK EXPO Las Vegas by the Food Safety Summit and co-sponsor GE, the Food Safety Summit Resource Center will be a central location for FSMA experts who will present educational seminars and be available for one-on-one consultations about the latest in food safety and FSMA compliance.
The Beverage Cooler Lounge (Booth S-7429), hosted by the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), is a key on-floor destination for strengthening connections. This central meeting point will provide opportunities to network with experts and peers addressing similar trends and challenges.
“This is the fourth time we’ve provided resources at The Beverage Cooler Lounge,” says Larry Hobbs, ISBT executive director. “We know the value it provides our members and other beverage industry professionals. Having a dedicated space on the show floor where they can network and learn the latest trends in the marketplace allows them to make the most of their PACK EXPO experience.”
ISBT will host a reception for beverage professionals at the Beverage Cooler Lounge on Tuesday, Sept. 29, from 3:30–5 p.m.
The Brand Zone (Lower South Hall), which features materials and containers that shape winning brands, is a central point for attendees looking to improve product freshness or shelf appeal. Within The Brand Zone, the Showcase of Packaging Innovations®, sponsored by The Dow Chemical Company, will display award-winning packages from competitions around the world.
Drink in the Knowledge
There are plenty of opportunities to learn, too. ISBT will present a series of five educational sessions at The Beverage Cooler Lounge:
- What are the Packaging Challenges and Trends We Face in Today’s Dynamically Changing Markets? Presented by Ron Puvak, director, Global Marketing and New Business Development, Plastic Technologies, Inc. (Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10–10:30 a.m.)
- FSMA and Food Defense: How will You be Affected? Presented by Brian Stegman, senior engineer & food safety manager, Ingredion Incorporated (Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, 11–11:30 a.m.)
- Beverage Quality Fundamentals Presented by Cloeann Durham, senior director of quality, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, 1–1:30 p.m.)
- New Biopolymers: Synchronizing Properties with Business Opportunities Presented by Scott Steele, president, Plastic Technologies, Inc. (Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2–2:30 p.m.)
- The Global Food Safety Initiative: How Will GFSI Affect You? Presented by Cloeann Durham, senior director of quality, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (Monday, Sept. 28, and Tuesday, Sept. 29, 3–3:30 p.m.)