KINGSPORT, Tenn., May 3, 2012 – At the Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE:EMN) annual meeting, stockholders:
- reelected directors Stephen R. Demeritt, Robert M. Hernandez, Julie F. Holder, Lewis M. Kling and David W. Raisbeck to one-year terms;
- approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of the company’s executive officers as disclosed in the annual meeting proxy statement (the “say-on-pay” vote);
- approved a new Omnibus Stock Compensation Plan;
- ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as independent auditors for 2012;
- approved an amendment to the Certificate of Incorporation to eliminate certain supermajority stockholder voting provisions; and
- supported an advisory stockholder proposal requesting that the Board of Directors take steps necessary to permit stockholders to act by written consent without a meeting.
Additional information about each of the matters acted upon by stockholders at the annual meeting is in the proxy statement that was furnished to stockholders in connection with the meeting. The proxy statement is also available at www.investors.eastman.com, Annual Meeting. The final vote totals for the matters acted upon by stockholders at the annual meeting will be reported in a Form 8-K filing with the SEC and also posted on www.investors.eastman.com.