GE Healthcare Performance Solutions and Leadership Expert John Beeson Introduce New Online Tools for Healthcare Leadership Development
- The online self-assessment tools allow both middle managers and C-suite executives to identify ways to improve skills critical for successful leadership through the complex environment of healthcare.
- Developed by The Unwritten Rules author John Beeson in conjunction with GE Healthcare, the tools identify six factors considered critical to leadership advancement and help executives and talent development staff assess and improve their executive development practices.
- The Unwritten Rules Assessment Tools are currently available, along with other content discussing leadership development, on GE Healthcare’s Next Level website.
BARRINGTON, Ill. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- GE Healthcare Performance Solutions, a unit of GE Healthcare (NYSE:GE), and John Beeson, Principal of Beeson Consulting and author of The Unwritten Rules: The Six Skills You Need to Get Promoted to the Executive Level (Jossey-Bass), today introduced two online, interactive assessment tools for aspiring executives to assess their leadership skills and for C-suite level executives to identify ways to better support the development of future leaders. The tools have been developed by Beeson in conjunction with GE Healthcare.
In today’s challenging healthcare environment, healthcare leaders need to be equipped with tools to effectively assess leadership skills and enable aspiring managers to reach the executive level. This knowledge can help reduce inefficient investment in executive development resources that can affect an organization’s bottom line. Additionally, effective assessment also can improve employee satisfaction, as ambitious managers are empowered to take control of their career progress with proper focus and discussion around critical leadership skills necessary for future success.
“In my work, I routinely observe two distressing phenomena,” said John Beeson, Principal of Beeson Consulting. “On one hand, virtually every company I work with bemoans its lack of talent to fill the executive-level positions. On the other, I see talented managers who are frustrated by their inability to get ahead with their careers and confused about what they need to work on to advance. Thanks to these tools, created with the help of GE Healthcare, both aspiring executives and those in charge of talent development can take significant steps to assess their efforts and identify areas for improvement.”
Beeson and GE Healthcare collaborated on the development of the two online tools, which are currently available online on GE Healthcare’s Next Level website.
- The Aspiring Executives Tool identifies six factors considered critical to an individual’s leadership advancement, requiring them to objectively rate themselves in each area. Once completed, the tool provides results highlighting areas to focus development, prompting candid dialogue regarding career advancement and the skills necessary to be an effective leader.
- The Executive and Talent Development Staff Tool assesses an organization’s current efforts to foster the development of its next generation of leaders and offers actionable recommendations to improve talent development practices.
“Effective leadership is critical in healthcare now more than ever, as reform is forcing healthcare executives to reevaluate the way that hospitals deliver care and enact change to reach a higher level of operational rigor, reduce costs and improve quality of patient care,” said Justin Holland, Managing Principal of the Strategy & Leadership Practice at GE Healthcare Performance Solutions. “The Unwritten Rules Assessment Tools provide an online resource for leaders in healthcare and other industries to better position themselves and their organizations for future success amid a complex landscape.”
In addition to these new self-assessment tools, GE Healthcare is featuring an extended series of articles about the concepts presented in The Unwritten Rules on the GE Healthcare Next Level Strategy & Leadership blog, written by healthcare veteran Susan Lee, who leads executive and management development programs for U.S. Performance Solutions healthcare clients.
About Beeson Consulting
Founded in 1998, Beeson Consulting provides management consulting services to some of the largest, most respected companies in the world. Services include succession planning, top-talent development, executive assessment, organization design and executive coaching. For each client, the firm brings to bear best-practice expertise; practical, action-oriented solutions; and a consultative, customized approach. All Beeson consultants have a combination of corporate and consulting experience.
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.