ERLANGER, Ky - Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA), has announced that Misao Fukuda will be the president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. (TMMMS).
Fukuda, 47, a 24-year Toyota veteran, joins TMMMS from Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan where he held a number of positions in production control and global strategic production planning. Fukuda will oversee the plant's manufacturing operations.
Announced in late February, TMMMS will produce the Toyota Highlander SUV and is scheduled to begin operation by 2010. Annual vehicle capacity will be 150,000 units.
In addition to Fukuda’s appointment, the following new assignments for TMMMS were also announced:
- Al Ackerman, vice president, manufacturing. Ackerman was formerly vice president, powertrain at Toyota's Kentucky vehicle assembly plant.
- David Copenhaver, vice president, production, administration support. Copenhaver was formerly vice president, administration of Toyota's West Virginia engine and transmission plant.
- Junichiro Morita, treasurer. Morita will also continue to serve as treasurer of TEMA, Toyota's engineering and manufacturing organization in Kentucky.
- Masaomi Nakahata, senior advisor to the president. Nakahata was formerly at Toyota Motor Corporation.
Additionally, the following new assignments at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. (TMMK) were announced:
- Cheryl Jones, vice president, manufacturing, assembly, production control, organizational development group and powertrain.
- David Cox, general manager, powertrain.