Master Bond Inc. (Hackensack, NJ) debuts its UV22 epoxy system, which is nanosilica reinforced and UV curable, for industrial applications. According to the company, the nano-sized filled (<50 nm) gives the system a high abrasion resistance, optical clarity, little shrinkage, and strength while maintaining a low viscosity of 4,000 cps. The UV22 epoxy system also features:
- The ability to cure rapidly upon exposure to UV light at room temperatures, or when using the UV22DC version, by the application of heat.
- A tensile strength of 4,600 psi and a tensile modulus greater than 500,000 psi.
- A glass temperature of greater than 120°C after a 30-minute post curing at 90-125°C.
- An environmentally friendly, solvent-free compound that is not oxygen inhibited.
- The capacity to withstand exposure to solvents, acids, and bases, along with a service temperature range of -60 to +300°F.