Recently unveiled to assist manufacturers with CIP security is the Allen-Bradley CIP Security Proxy from Rockwell Automation. Features and capabilities include:
- Can cover nearly the entire network by working with EtherNet/IP-compliant devices.
- Helps defend against attacks where threat actors can remotely access a network and act maliciously.
- The ability to provide CIP Security for a single device via a layer of security that also protects the entire system.
- Configuration for the proxy device can be achieved through FactoryTalk Policy Manager software and FactoryTalk system services.
- Supports motion for Kinetix drives and offers a web server for viewing diagnostics.
- Allows for secure event generation syslog support and includes rotary switches for 192.168.1.xyz IP addressing.
- Contains three one-gigabit EtherNet/IP ports and can operate in temperatures from -25° to +70° Celsius.
- Allows users with non-CIP Security-embedded products to define and implement their unique migration roadmap to a CIP Security architecture.
- It also provides a path forward for non-CIP Security-capable products.