Microsoft Dynamics' new AX 2012 platform offers a number of key features and updates that the company feels with make it more flexible in matching the needs of the manufacturing and distribution industries. Some of these features include:
- A central task pane that helps users quickly set priorities.
- More advanced embedded business intelligence capabilities that make Microsoft SQL Server the default data management system throughout the application. This helps unify business data into a central system so companies can more easily spot trends that could lead to new investments or other changes.
- RoleTailored enhancements, which include new role centers and ad-hoc,
self-service business intelligence and reporting, as well as interoperability
with other Microsoft technologies.
- Bi-directional integration with Microsoft Office 2010, and Enterprise Search
functionality through connection with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Business
- Collaboration tools such as Microsoft Lync 2010 also enable companies to collaborate more easily with peers, customers, suppliers and partners.
- Can support business systems in 38 countries, including multiple currencies, time zones and languages, as well as compliance with multiple banking and reporting standards and legislative codes.