OKLAHOMA CITY, (PRNewswire) -- Tronox Incorporated, on behalf of its subsidiary companies, today announced the following price increases for all TRONOX titanium dioxide (TiO2) grades effective January 1, 2011 or as contracts allow:
- North America $0.10 per pound
- Latin America $200 per tonne
- Europe Middle East Africa 175 Euros per tonne or $200 per tonne in U.S. Dollar markets. Additional increases may be applied depending on local circumstances.
- Asia Pacific $200 per tonne
- Australia AUD$200 per tonne
- Japan Yen 20 per kilogram
These increases are in addition to those previously announced. Other increases may be announced locally within each region.
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Tronox is one of the five largest producers and marketers of titanium dioxide pigment. Titanium dioxide pigment is an inorganic white pigment used in paint, coatings, plastics, paper and many other everyday products. The company's pigment plants, which are located in the United States, Australia and the Netherlands, supply high-performance products to approximately 1,100 customers in 100 countries. In addition, Tronox produces electrolytic products, including sodium chlorate, electrolytic manganese dioxide, boron trichloride, elemental boron and lithium manganese oxide. For information on Tronox, visit www.tronox.com.