PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Several foam manufacturers have agreed to pay $30 million to settle lawsuits brought by survivors and family members of those who died in a 2003 fire that killed 100 people.
The settlement offers were disclosed in court papers filed Monday.
More than $101 million has now been offered to victims of the Feb. 20, 2003, fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick from several companies, including Home Depot and a maker of fireworks.
Investigators blame flammable, egg-crate style foam on the walls and ceiling of the club for fueling the fire.
The fire was started when a pyrotechnics display for the rock band Great White ignited foam placed around the stage for soundproofing.