OpenText, a leading provider of Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions, unveiled Tempo Social and Tempo Box at Enterprise World 2012, the company's annual customer conference. These new offerings are designed to facilitate social collaboration and secure information sharing in the OpenText Cloud and on-premises.
- OpenText Tempo Social provides an out-of-the-box social collaboration solution with enterprise-grade security, compliance and customization capabilities. Featuring a unique combination of activity feeds, communities and dashboards, as well as individual and team profiles, Tempo Social helps organizations synthesize information needs in a common user experience. Tempo Social is now available in the cloud, complementing the existing on-premises offering.
- OpenText Tempo Box allows users to easily sync, share and store information across all the devices they use, without sacrificing the records management rigor and security mandated by organizational policies and industry regulations. Tempo Box is now available as a cloud-based offering in which OpenText takes over the deployment and management of the solution. The new Tempo Box, Cloud Edition, complements OpenText's previously announced Tempo Box Express and Tempo Box Content Server Edition, which are on-premises offerings for customers who want to retain complete control over the underlying content repository.
"Tempo Social is a natural complement to Tempo Box for secure file sharing and syncing," said Muhi Majzoub, Senior Vice President of Research and Development at OpenText. "This next generation enterprise platform for interactions and communications will help customers unleash enterprise value through social technology, allowing teams to focus, work more efficiently, and connect with relevant resources and expertise throughout the enterprise. By connecting employee-to-employee, customer-to-customer and ultimately employee-to-customer, OpenText Tempo Social will be fundamental to the effectiveness of globally networked organizations."
The OpenText Tempo product family enhances social business by providing the secure and compliant enterprise information management that organizations demand. With the Tempo offerings, OpenText's market leading information governance capabilities integrate seamlessly with consumer-style file sharing and social collaboration apps to provide users with the best ways to collaborate and engage without compromising the security and compliance requirements of the enterprise. OpenText Tempo improves workforce effectiveness by breaking down organizational barriers, facilitating the transfer of knowledge and accelerating decision making processes.
"Social collaboration combined with secure information storing, sharing and syncing across multiple devices is resonating with users, but consumer clouds are creating headaches for organizations that need enterprise-class security to protect their information," said Steve Hunt, Chief Information Officer of OpenText. "We have seen tremendous adoption with the internal deployment of Tempo Social. In just three days, we've had 1,000 users create unique profiles, and we've observed immediate engagement in productive interactions between employees from different teams and on different continents - something that would otherwise never have happened, even through hundreds of scheduled conference calls."
Key benefits of the Tempo family of offerings include:
- Collaborative environment allows teams to focus, work efficiently and connect with relevant resources and expertise throughout the organization
- Consumer-style ease of use complements existing information management infrastructure while adhering to corporate information security and governance standards
- Improved collaboration by tapping into the collective intelligence
- Secure file sharing and syncing both inside and outside the enterprise
- Transparent integration into user desktops, including sharing and collaborating with internal and external users
- Ability to synchronize content across any number of computers, tablets and other devices, ensuring that users always have the latest copy of documents
- Intuitive web interface for managing file information; setting permissions; sharing files, pictures, videos and status updates; collaborating in communities; and documenting vital information
Availability OpenText Tempo Box and Tempo Social are available now, in the cloud or on-premises. For additional information, please visit www.opentext.com/tempo.