Honeywell Process Solutions’ Experion Process Knowledge System (PKS) Orion introduces two major innovations: It is the first industrial process system to use Universal Channel Technology to remotely configure process and safety systems without the need for additional hardware; and it comes equipped with a complete virtualization solution that includes the most advanced and complete package of hardware, software, skills, guidance and best practices, training and support from Honeywell. The company says that additional features include:
- The Experion platform is the first distributed control system to achieve ISA99 certification.
- Honeywell Process Solutions is the only company to use Universal Channel Technology to completely liberate safety and process I/O, as well as the control cabinets, from channel type dependency.
- With its complete portfolio of turnkey virtualization solutions, Experion PKS Orion benefits customers implementing new projects, as well as those who want to get more out of their existing operations.
- For those building new plants, Experion virtualization solutions can extend design freeze dates, delay hardware purchases and provide the option of virtual Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) to validate configurations remotely.
- For existing customers, Experion virtualization solutions significantly reduce system lifecycle management costs by as much as 30 percent.
- The Experion Batch Manager — the fastest and most intelligent batch control solution with the ability to increase availability and throughput by executing a complete single unit procedure in a redundant controller — has also been enhanced.