Herndon, Virgina –- Audi achieved the best month ever in Audi sales history in August 2014. The month’s record sales increased to 22.1 percent to 17,101 vehicles, a total that stands as the 44th consecutive month of record monthly U.S. sales for the brand. Audi U.S. sales year-to-date have increased 14.5 percent to 116,066 vehicles.
Audi has maintained steady momentum throughout 2014, with the best-ever August result. The previous August record was set in 2013 with sales of 14,005 vehicles.
“Audi dealers nationwide are selling new models as quickly as they are delivered to showrooms – resulting in the best month ever in Audi of America history,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “By accelerating 2015 model introductions we are able to keep pace with this momentum to carry it through the end of 2014 and beyond.”
Audi August sales also improved throughout the lineup when compared to year-earlier results. The A3, A4, allroad, A5, and Q7 all posted sales gains.
August results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q7 crossover posting a 25.8 percent gain on 1,859 units sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 6.1 percent, while YTD sales for the Audi Q7 increased 25.1percent.
After its April U.S. sales debut, the 2015 Audi A3 models have maintained a strong and consistent sales pace. August 2014 brought 2,430 A3 sales to solidify the model’s standing among the top three of the brand’s best sellers.
August is the 13th consecutive month and all-time record sales for Audi Certified pre-owned. This month marked an increase of 29.6 percent and a total of 4,733 CPO vehicles sold; CPO sales year-to-date increased 17.6 percent.
- The all-new 2015 Audi A3 models officially went on sale this spring, with 12,329 cars sold since launch.
- Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 11 percent year-to-date, representing 31.7 percent of total Audi sales year-to-date and 26 percent of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 13.9 percent for the S4 sedan; 27.6 percent for the S5/ RS 5; 5.3 percent for the S6; 22.9 percent for the S7 / RS 7; 15.8 percent for the S8; 45.3 percent for the TTS and TTS Roadster, and 6.5 percent for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 YTD sales grew 6.1 percent compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 25.8 percent compared to August 2013; YTD sales grew 25.1 percent compared to previous period.
- August sales mix for Audi TDI models: Audi A3 TDI at 0.9 percent; Audi A6 TDI at 11.3 percent; Audi A7 TDI at 12 percent; A8 TDI at 11.5 percent; Audi Q5 TDI at 13.5 percent, Audi Q7 TDI at 18.6 percent, with an overall mix of 11.2 percent on 1,224 total TDI sales for August.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 29.6 perent to 4,733 vehicles in August; YTD CPO sales rose 17.6 percent to 30,676 vehicles sold.
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.